Seems like there are more race riots in France, and apparently this time it's more violent than the riots in 2005. According to this New York Times article, police officers are being shot at by shotguns.
High unemployment rate in France is a huge contributor to the riots; French society's generally racist attitude is also a big factor. The Korean complains often about living as a minority in America, but let there be no mistake about it. The Korean sincerely believes that if you have to live as a minority somewhere, there is no better place than the good ol' U.S. of A.
Got a question or a comment for the Korean? Email away at askakorean@hotmail.com.
Rabu, 28 November 2007
Langganan:
Posting Komentar (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Dear Korean, I have been watching Korean dramas and there is something I noticed. When someone is not feeling well, they will use a needle t...
-
Oh boy: The African American community in Dallas has been protesting a gas station run by a Korean-born U.S. citizen in a predominately blac...
-
[See Part I here.] This is Part II of the translation of Mr. Joo Seong-Ha's account of North Korean soccer history and analysis. -----...
-
. . .that sooner or later, big law firms will get their revenge for allowing their associates to have a Christmas break, and a super-sized l...
-
Dear Korean, I am a KA, and I run a somewhat successful business doing IT consulting and have thought about trying to go international with ...
-
Dear Korean, Since I arrived in Korea, I have wondered about the national obsession for cute things. I know of no other place where grown me...
-
Dear Korean, I'm guessing I'm the bajillionist person to ask this, but just in case... I saw this news article today, and find it v...
-
. . . that rain means slower traffic. Must-read piece on how East Asian Studies scholars in the U.S. attempted to silence Iris Chang, author...
-
The memorial near Sandy Hook Elementary School ( source ) Regular readers of this blog are probably well-acquainted with the Korean's av...
-
Another series in the New York Times that the Korean has been following carefully is Relative Choices , a blog dedicated to the topic of ado...
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(86)
-
▼
November
(8)
- Ask A Korean! News: Slabs of LA Times Articles
- Ask A Korean! News: Race Riots in France
- Korean Language Lessons - Particle I (Classificati...
- "What's his name? I don't know, I can't read his n...
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- Ask A Korean! News: Transplants
- Ask A Korean! News: Those Web-Addicted Koreans
- Korean Women -- Fixer-Uppers?
-
▼
November
(8)
0 komentar:
Posting Komentar