Note: As the Comfort Women issue is growing, there are more and more statements by Japanese officials denying their countries' horrific past crime. Each time there is such a denial, Ask A Korean! will post them.
On March 25, Japanese Minister of Defense Shimamura Hakubun appeared on Radio Nippon and said the following: "There were nurses for the military and journalists for the military, but no Comfort Women (the Korean's note: here apparently used as a euphemism for prostitutes) for the military. It is true that there were Comfort Women, and I think some parents sold their daughters. But that does not mean that the Japanese military was involved."
Minggu, 25 Maret 2007
Langganan:
Posting Komentar (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Dear Korean, I have been watching Korean dramas and there is something I noticed. When someone is not feeling well, they will use a needle t...
-
Oh boy: The African American community in Dallas has been protesting a gas station run by a Korean-born U.S. citizen in a predominately blac...
-
[See Part I here.] This is Part II of the translation of Mr. Joo Seong-Ha's account of North Korean soccer history and analysis. -----...
-
Dear Korean, How do Korean guys reconcile the wife-beater rep with images like that of the guy in " My Sassy Girl "? My cousin lov...
-
Dear Korean, I'm guessing I'm the bajillionist person to ask this, but just in case... I saw this news article today, and find it v...
-
. . .that sooner or later, big law firms will get their revenge for allowing their associates to have a Christmas break, and a super-sized l...
-
Dear Korean, Since I arrived in Korea, I have wondered about the national obsession for cute things. I know of no other place where grown me...
-
Dear Korean, I am a KA, and I run a somewhat successful business doing IT consulting and have thought about trying to go international with ...
-
. . . that rain means slower traffic. Must-read piece on how East Asian Studies scholars in the U.S. attempted to silence Iris Chang, author...
-
The memorial near Sandy Hook Elementary School ( source ) Regular readers of this blog are probably well-acquainted with the Korean's av...
0 komentar:
Posting Komentar