Below is a public service announcement by Mr. Tony Lam.
Dear Korean,
This week marks the 28th anniversary of the hate crime murder of Vincent Chin, a case that ignited the first Asian American civil rights movement and gave rise to a new "Asian American" identity and community.
In commemoration, we are releasing a Special Edition DVD of VINCENT WHO?, the 2009 documentary about Vincent Chin and the Asian American experience in political activism (see our new widescreen trailer). We are also launching a new website dedicated to Vincent Chin and his legacy to serve as an educational resource.
In doing so, we hope to contribute toward the day when the momentous, but mostly unknown story of Vincent Chin becomes a familiar one, not only among Asian Americans, but all Americans. Please join us in this effort by spreading the news. Thank you for your support!
Tony Lam
Director, Vincent Who?
Read more about Vincent Chin here.
Got a question or a comment for the Korean? Email away at askakorean@gmail.com
Senin, 12 Juli 2010
Langganan:
Posting Komentar (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Dear Korean, I have been watching Korean dramas and there is something I noticed. When someone is not feeling well, they will use a needle t...
-
Oh boy: The African American community in Dallas has been protesting a gas station run by a Korean-born U.S. citizen in a predominately blac...
-
[See Part I here.] This is Part II of the translation of Mr. Joo Seong-Ha's account of North Korean soccer history and analysis. -----...
-
. . .that sooner or later, big law firms will get their revenge for allowing their associates to have a Christmas break, and a super-sized l...
-
Dear Korean, I am a KA, and I run a somewhat successful business doing IT consulting and have thought about trying to go international with ...
-
Dear Korean, I am looking for a recipe for a Korean soup that's got a clear broth and is made with turnips. Do you know what I am talkin...
-
Dear Korean, Since I arrived in Korea, I have wondered about the national obsession for cute things. I know of no other place where grown me...
-
Dear Korean, I'm guessing I'm the bajillionist person to ask this, but just in case... I saw this news article today, and find it v...
-
. . . that rain means slower traffic. Must-read piece on how East Asian Studies scholars in the U.S. attempted to silence Iris Chang, author...
-
The memorial near Sandy Hook Elementary School ( source ) Regular readers of this blog are probably well-acquainted with the Korean's av...
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(270)
-
▼
Juli
(18)
- Ask a Korean! Wiki: Why do You Watch Korean Drama?
- Justice prevails, and Arizona is appealing immedia...
- A good summary of Korean cuisine-inspired taco cra...
- Ask a Korean! News: Four-Second Singers
- AAK! PSA: Watch This Video
- Ask a Korean! News: North Korean Soccer (Part II)
- Today, the New York Times. Tomorrow, the world...
- What does the Korean think about Yellow Fever?
- Fear the ajumma. Every part of this story is aweso...
- Ask a Korean! News: Join the Lakers, Jeremy Lin
- Ask a Korean! News: Bok and Dog Meat
- 50 Most Influential K-Pop Artists: Just Missed the...
- Oh great. The Korean can only imagine what kind of...
- Pricking Fingers
- Ask a Korean! News: North Korean Soccer (Part I)
- AAK! PSA -- New Vincent Chin Documentary
- Ask a Korean! Wiki: Cultural Classes in Korea?
- Ask a Korean! News: Culturalism at Work - Why Is ...
-
▼
Juli
(18)
0 komentar:
Posting Komentar